Friday, June 25, 2010

Road Trip Pic of the Day, 6/24: What is this?

If you know what this is, you could win a prize in the Road Trip Picture of the Day challenge.(Credit: Daniel Terdiman/CNET)

Update (Thursday, 9:15 p.m.): The answer, as 72 of you got, is the new (under construction) eastern span of the San Francisco-Oakland Bay Bridge. Please be sure to come back tomorrow for the next Picture of the Day challenge. If you've followed my CNET Road Trips over the last few years, you may have seen this photo when I first published it. But whether or not you've seen this before or not, I'm putting it in front of you to see if you know what it is and where it's located. I'm guessing a lot of people are going to get this one pretty quickly. Then again, in the last week of putting together my Road Trip Picture of the Day challenges, I've been completely surprised by how many people have figured out some of the challenges and how few have gotten others. If you know what it is and where it's located, please e-mail me no later than 6 p.m. Pacific time Thursday (at daniel--dot--terdiman--at--cnet--dot--com, including "Picture of the Day" in the subject line). I'll choose a winner at random from among everyone who sends in both pieces of the correct answer. Please forgive me if you don't hear from me if you're not the winner. I get dozens of responses each day. Also, I've turned off comments because some people have been posting the correct answers there. I hate to shut down discussion, but I want you to figure out the answer on your own. One caveat: no individual can win more than two prizes. But at the end of the trip, I'll be drawing a name from among all the daily challenge winners and giving out something a little more substantial. On Thursday, Geek Gestalt kicks off Road Trip 2010. After driving more than 18,000 miles in the Rocky Mountains, the Pacific Northwest, the Southwest and the Southeast over the last four years, I'll be looking for the best in technology, science, military, nature, aviation and more throughout the American northeast. If you have a suggestion for someplace to visit, drop me a line. In the meantime, you can follow my preparations for the project on Twitter @GreeterDan and @RoadTrip and find the project on Facebook.
Source: CNET News (http://cnet.com/)

No comments:

Post a Comment